Cause 1: One or more contacts in the Contacts application is missing information or has invalid characters in the First, Last, or Company name fields.
- Resolution 1: Add text to the empty First Name, Last Name, or Company fields, or delete contacts with empty fields in the Microsoft Outlook address book.
- Resolution 2: Remove invalid characters in the First, Last, or Company name fields.
Cause 2: There are attachments in the Calendar application.
- Resolution: To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
2. Turn on advanced synchronization logging and run the synchronization.
3. Provide the synchronization log files to your BlackBerry technical support representative for review.
Cause 3: There is corrupt Intellisync history.
- Resolution: Reset the configuration of the synchronization. To do this, please perform the following:
2. Open the Synchronize application.
3. Click the Configuration tab (For Desktop Manager 4.5 - 4.7 click the Synchronization option under the Configure heading).
4. Press the Reset Configuration button.
5. Press Yes.
Cause 4: There is corrupt information in the organizer database.
- Resolution: Clear the database for the affected organizer database.
Cause 5: Data within Microsoft Outlook is corrupted.
- Resolution: Export the data as a CSV file, import it back in, and choose to overwrite the existing data. For instructions, visit Microsoft's support website and search for How to Import and Export Text Data with Outlook. Once this has been completed clear the assocaited database from the BlackBerry smartphone and try to synchronize again.
Cause 6: Corrupt data on the BlackBerry smartphone. (Clearing the addressbook using BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not resolve the issue)
- Resolution: Perform a Wipe Handheld on the BlackBerry smartphone.