- Download and install this Windows installer Cleanup Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
- After installation, Click "START" and run the utility. It will list all kinds of installations in your. Check "Google Earth" and select Remove.
- Rerun the original Google Updater .exe
- Install Google Earth with this link:
- Download 7-zip at: www.7-zip.org/
- Download http://dl.google.com/earth/client/GE5/release_5_1_0/googleearth-Win-5.1.3533.1731.exe
- Right click the googleearth-Win-5.1.3533.1731.exe and scroll to 7-zip then choose open archive.
- When your in the 7-zip, open Program Files -> Google, then COPY the Google folder and paste it in C:\Program Files. Overwrite if any warning would appear. Do not copy anything else in googleearth-Win-5.1.3533.1731.exe archive, except the google folder.
- Go to the directory where the GOOGLE folder in drive C is located and open .exe.
- Click "Start" > "Settings > "Control Panel."
- Double-click "Add or Remove Programs."
- Scroll down to find "Google Earth" and click it.
- Click Remove, then Yes, then Finish. Please note, this may result in an error, which can be ignored.
- Download and run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
- Uninstall your version of Google Earth by selecting it from the list and clicking "Remove". Please see below for a list of possible entries.
- Upgrade to the latest version from our download link at http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html